· TECH N9NE’s “Killer” (released July 1, 2008), debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top Independent chart, #12 on the Billboard Top 200 chart and #8 on the Billboard Rap chart scanning almost 22K units in the 1st week.
· TECH N9NE’s “Sickology 101” (released April 28, 2009), debuted at #2 on the Billboard Top Independent chart and #19 on the Billboard Top 200 chart.
· TECH N9NE’s “K.O.D.” (released October 27, 2009), debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top Independent chart, #14 on the Billboard Top 200 chart and #7 on the Billboard Rap chart.
· TECH N9NE has SoundScanned over 1.4 million units, making him the most successful independent hip hop artist in history.
· Wide demographic and geographic appeal with over 500 shows in the last few years.
· The video for “Like Yeah”, from “Killer”, featuring cult movie favorite Danny Trejo, was featured on MTVU and MTV JAMZ as well as on BET’s “On Blast”
· Over 4.5 million YouTube video plays.
· TECH N9NE track entitled “The Beast”, from the album “Everready (The Religion)”, was featured on the Madden 06 video game by EA Sports
· TECH N9NE had several songs placed in the movie “Alpha Dog”, which wasreleased January 12, 2007 starring Bruce Willis, Justin Timberlake, Sharon Stone and Emile Hirsch. These TECH N9NE tracks, as well as several bonus tracks, are also featured on the movie’s soundtrack.
· A recent Google search of TECH N9NE found over 1.2 million mentions
· The Official TECH N9NE website carries an Alexa Rating (a rating of the most popular sites on the internet) of 422,000 (3 month traffic average) with 73 other websites linked to www.therealtechn9ne.com
Strange Days Tour – Marketing and Media Highlights
· In support of each individual promoter’s efforts, Strange Music will provide 5,000-25,000 flyers and 200-500 posters per show,in addition to other marketing materials, distributed by our Street Teams in each market
· National Press Releases by Strange Music
· Label assistance with local press and media
· Artists will be available for radio drops as well as radio and print interviews
· Radio prize packs from Strange Music andincluding autographed copies of “K.O.D.”.
Tech N9ne on MySpace
· Over 384,000 MySpace friends since 2004
· Over 72.2 million song plays
· The track “Caribou Lou”, from the album “Everready (The Religion)”, has 12.1 million plays
· The site is averaging over 40,000 visitors a day
In celebration of Sporting KC’s fight for the MLS Cup tomorrow night and Tech N9ne’s new “Louder” theme song for the Kansas City soccer team, we put together this list of songs that should be bumped in a stadium. From Anghellic on down, Tech N9ne has given us songs that could get any fanbase to turn all the [...]
Tech may have already moved onto his next project, but the good folks over at SPIN Magazine sure haven’t. The taste-making magazine recently released their list of the 40 Best Hip Hop Albums of 2013, and we’re sure you can guess from the image above which album made the cut! Coming in at #38, Tech’s [...]
Well Technicians, your hopes have been answered. With Tech N9ne’s biggest album date with Something Else came a lot of attention towards the track that many consider to be the album’s centerpiece and one of hip hop’s finest hours in 2013: “Fragile” featuring ¡MAYDAY!, Kendall Morgan and one of rap’s biggest superstars, Kendrick Lamar. Now the question [...]
Even for the King of Darkness, some things are just too much to handle. Enter Kanye West and The Yeezus Tour’s arrival at The Sprint Center in Kansas City, Missouri. Longtime fan and Kansas City King Tech N9ne was in the stands to witness the spectacle: more than a concert, a full-on sensory overload that [...]
With Kansas City and Salt Lake City about to show down for the Major League Soccer Cup this Saturday, one journalist decided to pit their hype songs against one another. Who came out on top? Considering the author Charles Gooch’s Kansas City origins, it’s no surprise that Tech N9ne, with the Sporting Kansas City [...]